Tuesday, May 12, 2015

scrapbook circle Mood board.

I got to work with this month's Mood board challenge at Scrapbook Circle:
I just LOVED working with this month's mood board!  I was really drawn to the turquoise blue, gray, pink, and metallics.
 closeup:
For this particular layout I wanted a special picture, I found this one of brother and my mom from a few years ago.  I prefer working with colored pictures when I scrapbook, but sometimes when you have a particular color scheme working with a colored photo is difficult.  Thankfully they were both wearing black and the colors in the background were just perfect!

I wanted to add a little something to my page that "reminded me" of the pineapple fringe.  I used my Martha Steward fringing scissors and a 6 x 6 sheet from the Sweet Day add on.  I cut the sheet to 1 1/2" x 6.  I then stacked them one on top of the other and cut.  I then adhered them to my page behind my picture--you can't see where they line up.  I use a lot of 6 x 6 papers on my pages with little tricks like covering them up or using them to Matte a picture (which I also did here)
After my page was completed I covered my picture with a scrap piece of paper and sprinkled my gold mist in drops on my page.  I then dipped a paint brush into the gold mist and painted the edges.

Thanks for the visit today!!


2 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Loveeeeeee this! LOVING the colors!!!!!

Patricia Roebuck said...

Beautiful!! Loving these colors!