Tuesday, July 26, 2016

honest Abe.

my focus today was on the "wood" included in the Today is the Day kit by Scrapbook Circle.  This layout was featured on the blog yesterday.
here are some closeups:

These pictures were taken last fall.  My family and I went on a trip of a life time, I NEVER thought I would be able to go back east to see such historical places.  I LOVED it, we went several places in 10 days.  This was our first stop after a red eye and no sleep; Gettysburg.

For this layout I printed both of my pictures on the same 4 x 6 sheet, I made each picture a 3 x 4 in photo shop elements.  THIS youtube video gives you a step by step on how to do it, it's really handy and super easy!

After I printed my pictures I then matted them with white then I wanted some pop of color against the wood grain so I added the blue.  To add a bit more blue to the layout I used the tiny letters as part of the title..

I got a little hybrid and printed off my journaling with Traveling Typewriter, a free font I downloaded from DaFont from HERE.  Don't ya just LOVE typewriter fonts?  When I printed and cut my strips I didn't worry to much about being even, I just trimmed them as close to the words as I could get and still be able to read the journaling...

1 comment:

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

Love love love this! That wood grain is PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!